Our teeth are supposed to last for lifetime but sometimes they don’t last forever. The replacement of missing teeth is essential to your general health and for the health of other teeth and this is where dental implants come into the picture.
Table Of Contents :-
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What are Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants Procedure
- Types of Dental Implants
- Dental Implant Cost in Delhi
1. What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants act as substitutes for the roots of missing teeth by acting as anchors for a crown, replacement tooth, or a set of replacement teeth. They are surgically placed in the jaw and tend to replicate the function and appearance of natural teeth by interacting effortlessly with the gum tissue and the structure of the jaw bone.
Let us have a look at some of the biggest advantages of dental implants.
- Dental implants are versatile: One of the biggest benefits of dental implants is that they are incredibly versatile treatment when compared to partial dentures, full dentures, and bridges that are somehow limited with the number of teeth that can be replaced by them. On the other hand, dental implants can be easily fitted with a dental crown for replacing a single tooth or with a partial denture or bridge for replacing multiple teeth or full dentures for replacing all of the patient’s teeth. This helps you and the dentist to design and access the perfect custom dental treatment for you.
- Dental implants are more comfortable: Dental implants can be embedded directly into the jawbone for simulating the root of a tooth and offer the prosthetic increased support and strength. The jawbone starts growing during the healing process around the titanium rod in the jaw to hold it more firmly. The added stability helps dental implants feel and appear just like natural teeth and patients don’t even feel like having the dental implants.
- Dental implants make it easier to speak: Missing a few important teeth at the mouth’s front region can lead to a difference in person’s speech. Loose dentures may slide while speaking, causing them to slip or slur. This may be distracting or embarrassing for people as they have to constantly worry about when and whether their dentures will slip.
- Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods: If you are missing out on a few molars, you must be experiencing difficulties in chewing some food items. This is where dental implants come into the picture as they fill that gap that makes it easier for you to comfortably and easily eat again. It means that you don’t have to think twice before eating your favourite crunchy or chewy foods. Moreover, dental implants don’t slip while eating, so you don’t have to worry about getting embarrassed.
2. Dental Implants Procedure :-
The first step in the process of dental implants is to have a detailed word with the dentist or the orthodontist who will customise an individualised treatment plan for you. This plan will be addressing your specific requirements and expectations and is prepared by professionals who have years of rich experience in the segment of oral surgery and restorative dentistry. Then, a small post that is made of titanium (the tooth root implant) is placed into the missing tooth’s bone socket.
As the jawbone heals, it starts growing around the implanted metal post. Once the dental implant gets bonded to the jawbone, an abutment (a small connector post) is attached to the post for securely holding the new tooth. The dentist then starts making impressions of the teeth to make the new teeth or tooth and then a model of the bite is created. Thereafter, a new tooth based on this model and a crown, a replacement tooth, is then attached by the dentist to the abutment.
3. Types of Dental Implants :-
Primarily, there are two types of dental implants.
- Endosteal implants: Endosteal implants are placed surgically and directly by the surgeon into the jawline. Once the implants have been placed, bone starts growing around them after 6-10 weeks. Patients have the choice to select between the two subtypes of endosteal implants: cylinder and blade. Cylinder implants are characterised by titanium screws and safeguard the jawbone of the patient before deterioration. On the other hand, blade implants and thin and flat titanium pieces that are placed when the part of the jaw responsible for securely holding the teeth is atrophied. Using Endosteal implants, patients can expect to have their jaw heal completely within a period of one year.
Subperiosteal implants: Subperiosteal implants are generally advised to people who have noticed loss of bone or those who lack enough natural jawbone to support endosteal implants without a bone augmentation or grafting procedure. These implants are placed under the gum either above or on the outer layer of the connective tissue that covers the surface of the jawbone. The estimated recovery time is 5-6 months after the implants have been placed.
4. Dental Implant Cost in Delhi :-
The approximate cost of dental implants in Delhi is INR 20,000-50,000 based on the types of dental implants. It is important to remember that the cost of dental implants in Delhi is dependent upon a number of factors such as the type of dental implant procedure, types of dental implant, medications, the overall and general health of the patient, etc.
If you are looking for help with dental implants in Delhi, you can contact the Coral Dental Clinic that offers the best oral care treatment options at affordable cost of dental implants in Delhi. The clinic is regarded as one of the best clinics for dental implants in Delhi and has a specialised team of dentists, orthodontists, and medical professionals who can help you understand the entire dental implant procedure and different types of dental implants so that you can make an informed decision.